Friday, December 23, 2022

Magis!

With Christmas right around the corner I figured this was a good time to write about what role religion plays in my decision to serve overseas. I'm not someone who is going to wax on about religion so this post is going to be shorter. But I think its import to explore how religion does and does not play a role in my life and this journey.

So I am going with a Catholic organization. I did not pick CMMB because it was Catholic. It is a nice bonus but not a reason I chose it. Also, one of the things that drew me to this organization was that they do not push their religion on anyone. The other organization I applied to previously made me get a letter from a religious leader to even apply. 

So where religion does matter to me is that religion is very personal and my relationship with religion and God is personal. While that may seem both obvious and not very helpful in understanding my take on religion there's not a lot I want to share about my religious views. At least not in a post.

I am religious and I do have faith in God. I do believe he is guiding me on my journey. I hope my faith comes through as I serve and that it gives me strength on this trip. I do not want to push my beliefs on anyone but I am willing to talk to people about my believes when we are one-on-one. I trust my faith will guide and sustain me. 

So I will leave this post with one final bit from my favorite priest: Father Bucki "Go forth and set the world on fire". While he may no longer be on this earth he continues to be with me and the different conversations, and sermons he imparted have left a lasting impact that I will take with me. I know that he is out there is the universe guiding me and leading me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Home

  "I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the planet." -Mary Anne Radmacher Such true words. I have bee...